Anxiety / Panic / Phobias
Anxiety is one of the most common reasons people seek therapy. Anxiety causes feelings of fear, powerlessness, and impending doom and can also cause physical symptoms such as increased breath and heart rate, sweating, shaking and fatigue. People who have anxiety disorders have symptoms that interfere with functioning in life. There are several different types of anxiety disorders such as generalized anxiety disorder, phobias and panic.
Some of the types of therapy we use to treat anxiety disorders are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Prolonged Exposure and Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction. With therapy you can:
- Identify and treat the source of your anxiety
- Decrease or eliminate symptoms
- Learn stress management and relaxation techniques
- Develop the ability to regulate your emotions
- Regain a sense of control and pleasure in life